- Home » FAQs
Typical turnaround for repairs is two-weeks. We will make every effort to repair the item within the standard time period. On occasion, hard to locate or unique parts may require longer repair times. If that is the case in your repair, we will notify you immediately of the expected delay.
TEAMSESCO offers a rush repair service to accommodate your needs. TEAMSESCO gives your repair priority over normal repair work throughout the repair process. In most cases, we are able to complete these jobs in 24-48 hours.
If, at your request, your repair requires us to work beyond normal business hours, you will be charged the overtime shop rate (or field service rate, if applicable) for the amount of time a technician is involved with the repair. This charge applies whether or not the item is repaired.
Our comprehensive StarService Guarantee, ONE YEAR ON ALL REPAIRS, is among the best in the industry. During the warranty period TEAMSESCO will repair the unit if it fails in normal operation due to defective workmanship or parts. This warranty will not apply to items that fail due to misapplication, including, but not limited to, improper operation, storage, handling or installation; negligence, abnormal temperature, moisture, dirt or corrosive conditions, part removal or any act of God. TEAMSESCO is not responsible for any expense (including installation and removal) or consequential damage caused by any unit we repair. In any event TEAMSESCO’s liability, under all circumstances, shall not exceed the cost of the original repair.
Fill out a PACKING SLIP first, it’s right on this website which will automatically alert us that your item is on its way – this saves time resulting in faster evaluations. Then carefully pack and ship it to us. See shipping how-to’s below. Even if you forget to fill out the repair form or make a mistake, don’t worry – your item will still be processed correctly when it arrives.
You are welcome to drop off your repair at our facility. Our normal business hours are from 8AM until 5PM, Monday through Friday. Please see our directions page for assistance on finding our facility.
Never! We provide free evaluation and price quotations for all repairs. All quotations are valid for 30 days.
You will receive a quotation via email or fax. Once approved, simply sign it authorizing us to do the work and fax it back at (336) 662-0628. If your company uses purchase order numbers, please include on the approval.
You have three ways, the quickest is to log into our CLIENT PORTAL and enter you log-on and password information which you will receive in your new customer packet. Secondly, you may call our customer service team at 800-48-SESCO any time from 8:00AM until 5:00PM Eastern. Or finally, you can email us at CustomerCare@teamsesco.com. We are standing by to help you.
We ship all repaired items in anti-static bags, if applicable, and pack to UPS specifications. Unless otherwise specified, return freight will be prepaid and added to the invoice. We will ship the best way, as determined by us, unless a specific carrier and priority is determined previously by the customer. Customer is responsible for all shipping charges, regardless of repairability or warranty status.
Our standard payment terms on approved accounts are NET 30 days from the date of invoice. A 1-1/2% finance charge will be assessed monthly on unpaid invoices after 30 days. To apply for a net 30 account, please fill out a credit application. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, & American Express.
This is a small sample of the many items that we offer repair:
- Servo drives
- Servo motors
- Spindle drives
- Power Supplies
- Flow Meter Repair
- AC and DC Drives
- Printed circuit boards
- CPU’s and processors
- CNC machine controls
- Temperature Controls
- HVAC control systems
- Clutch and brake controls
- Variable frequency drives
- HMI and touch screen panels
- PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers)
Yes! TEAMSESCO does sell some select items such as drives, motors and hoist parts. Contact our customer service team at 1-800-48-SESCO for availability.
Provide Internal Protection
Your goal is to surround the items that go inside the carton with a protective cushion. We recommend these steps:
- Wrap each item separately and completely. Fragile articles will require extra wrapping and cushioning. Also, surround any sharp or protruding edges and corners with pieces of corrugated fiberboard; tape in place and then wrap the entire item.
- Place a 3″ layer of cushioning in the bottom of the carton before you put in the wrapped items. Next, position the item in the center of the carton, leaving at least a 3″ void at the top and sides of the carton.
- When packing multiple items, arrange them so that the weight inside the carton is distributed as evenly as possible. Take care to place fragile items away from carton corners and sides.
- Fill all voids inside the carton with cushioning material.
Cushioning and Protective Materials
- Bubble cushioning.
- Paper cushioning (multi-layered paper padding). Ideal for wrapping medium-to-large-sized items and those that may require moisture absorption; excellent for void fill.
- Expanded polystyrene (peanuts). Good for void fill around light-to-medium-weight items, but not acceptable for contents weighing over 70 pounds. Can shift easily during transit, be sure to overfill all voids.
- Corrugated dividers. Cross-sections of corrugated fiberboard are joined to create 3-D dividers. For layering between stacked items.
- Kraft paper. Use to fill voids around light-to-medium-weight items. Not acceptable for contents weighing over 70 pounds.
- Foam-in-place. Polystyrene foam is sprayed into boxes and forms a protective mold around the contents.
- Close the Carton Securely. Proper closure is just as vital to protecting your package contents as good cushioning.
- Do not use masking tape, cellophane tape or string. Use one of the following: 2″ pressure-sensitive plastic tape, nylon-reinforced tape, water-activated paper tape (should be 60-lb tape that is a minimum of 3 inches wide), water-activated reinforced paper tape.
Tape your small carton closed, using the UPS-recommended six-strip taping technique.
- Strips 1 and 2: Apply the tape down the length of both middle seams of the carton – where the flaps meet on the top and the bottom.
- Strips 3 – 6: Apply the tape to each of the seams on either side of Strips 1 and 2 – on both the top and bottom of the carton.
- Heavier items may require an additional strip of tape on all seams. Also, if you´re using water-activated reinforced paper tape, two center-seam strips on both the top and bottom will suffice instead.